Bid on one of a million amazing things at CharityBuzz. Check out the Dads & Grads auction. From hanging out with Patrick Dempsey at Daytona to meeting Bill Clinton, sitting in box seats at the US Open, watching the Yankees play the Red Sox, taking a swimming clinic with Michael Phelps, or a Kenny Chesney autographed Guitar! There is more cool stuff than I can list here. Just don’t bid on the fishing trip. Ugh.
BREAK THE BANK! If you are loaded, your dad might like a Tesla Roadster (starts at $101,000) or Model S – both electric performance vehicles from Tesla Motors. The Model S is capable of rocketing from 0-60 in 5.5 seconds and traveling up to 300 miles on a single 45 minute charge (starts at $49,900 which is not that bad)!
For the rest of us who can only afford to splurge a little bit…
Organic Dress Shirts form CULTURATA (check for local stockists)
Matt & Nat Mens’ Accessories: Shop HERE.
Or if you’re in NYC, go to this event:
Make a donation to Mercy For Animals before Father’s Day on June 21st and Rory Freedman, co-author of Skinny Bastard will match your contribution, dollar-for-dollar – totaling up to $5,000! Donate $100 or more and you will receive an autographed copy of Skinny Bastard – a guide for macho men on eating well and getting in shape the healthy and cruelty-free way!
Get dad into shape w/ The Engine 2 Diet, Thrive in 30, and Skinny Bastard!
Kicks! Check out our favs for dad from Bourgeois Boheme, NOHARM, and NOVACAS:
A Recycled Billboard “George Dopp Kit“
Organic Grooming from Dr Bronner, and Herban Cowboy!
Win a pair of Bourgeois Bohéme brogues! (US size 10)
Bourgeois Boheme makes amazing, vegan shoes and boots for men and women. These Simpatias have been featured on the blog before, and I am sure someone who is a size 10 will have some happy, handsome feet! These are some of my favorites!
You can win these Bourgeois Bohéme $125 shoes in a few simple steps:
- Write a “letter to the editor” of any major fashion magazine you choose: Vogue, GQ, Elle, Cosmo, etc… explaining why leather is disgusting, toxic, unethical and outdated! Here are some facts & tips to help you write! Remember: the goal is to enlighten, not incite! Be respectful, and do not make threats.
- Forward that letter to TheDiscerningbrute@gmail.com. The Subject line must read: JUNE CONTEST: Bourgeois Boheme (otherwise it may get trashed)
- The best, most moving and creative letter wins!
- Deadline is June 31st.
- The winner will be announced July 1st.
* DISCLAIMER: The Discerning Brute takes no responsibility for the content of any letter written in association with this contest.
These Portuguese-made, eco-friendly, vegan microsuede “Simpatia” wingtip shoes from BoBo are my new obsession. Great with a tux or just a pair of skinny jeans – wingtips, otherwise know as the brogue, are a boys best friend. Wanna know why we steer clear of leather at The Discerning Brute, Click Here, and don’t have a cow!
Check out all the other vegan wingtips & brogue shoes: