OCTOBER CONTEST: Win an Italian-made, organic shirt from Culturata!
Seen on celebs like Matt Damon, George Clooney, and Michael Cera and gracing the cover of MR Magazine, Culturta has earned worldwide respect as an international brand that represents a higher standard of contemporary clothing. Culturata is changing the way people choose clothing by pioneering sartorial sustainability. This concept is based on the balance of old and new. By combining old world tailoring traditions and hand craftsmanship with new sustainable fabrics and practices Culturata elevates our expectations .
Enter to win this shirt from The Discerning Brute and Culturata.
You can win an Organic Culturata Shirt in a few simple steps:
- Send an email to TheDiscerningbrute@gmail.com listing “The Top 3 Things You Can Do to Promote Organic Cotton“. The Subject line must read: OCTOBER CONTEST: CULTURATA (otherwise it may get trashed)
- The best and most creative submission wins!
- Deadline is October 31st.
- The winner will be announced November 1st.
SEPTEMBER CONTEST: Win a $245 Malcolm Fontier Messenger Bag!
Enter to win this $245 Diplomat 15 bag from The Discerning Brute and Malcolm Fontier. Simply enter your name and email HERE. When your email address is selected we’ll contact you for shipping details, (international winners will be required to pay shipping plus any applicable duties)
We are so excited to have partnered with Malcolm Fontier for our September Contest! This prize is perfect for anyone who needs a roomy, coated canvas, cruelty-free messenger bag with amazing features. Great to back-to-school, work, or travel.
Note: By signing up you will be entered into our mailing list to receive occasional updates. You can unsubscribe anytime.
AUGUST CONTEST: Win a $150 Gift Certificate at the Turk + Taylor online store!
Turk + Taylor creatively use organic and sustainable materials and processes to design gorgeous garments for both men and women. Their mastery of reinventing classics and capturing nostalgia makes them one of our favorite lines. All goods are manufactured locally in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The Turk+Taylor Pop-Up Shop is located at 1529 Fillmore Street in San Francisco. Their phone number is 415-336-5364. They’re open Thursday through Sunday, Noon – 7pm through the end of August.
Their Online store is: http://tnt.bigcartel.com/
You can win this $150 Turk + Taylor Gift Certificate in a few simple steps:
- Cities need trees! Friends of the Urban Forest (http://www.fuf.net ) is one of Turk + Taylor’s favorite organizations! Check out their website and then send us anything that inspires you about greening our urban spaces! A letter about what you do, a photo of your rooftop garden, a poem about a tree on your block, a video. Anything goes as long as it’s about the urban forest. Don’t forget to send along an explanation if it’s a visual.
- Send to TheDiscerningbrute@gmail.com. The Subject line must read: AUGUST CONTEST: TURK+TAYLOR (otherwise it may get trashed)
- The best, most moving and creative submission wins!
- Deadline is AUGUST 31st.
- The winner will be announced SEPTEMBER 1st.
JULY CONTEST: Win this $110 COVET organic cotton, french terry cardigan!
Straight from COVET‘s fall 2009 menswear collection, this organic french terry cardigan is warm, soft, and luxurious. Tara St. James of COVET has been creating superb, handcrafted, organic garments for both men and women for years.
You can win this COVET cardigan in a few simple steps:
- Take a photograph of yourself that demonstrates how you speak up on behalf of animals, people, or the environment!
- Send to TheDiscerningbrute@gmail.com. The Subject line must read: JULY CONTEST: COVET (otherwise it may get trashed)
- The best, most moving and creative photo wins!
- Deadline is July 31st.
- The winner will be announced August 1st.
JUNE: Win a pair of Bourgeois Bohéme brogues! (US size 10)
Bourgeois Boheme makes amazing, vegan shoes and boots for men and women. These Simpatias have been featured on the blog before, and I am sure someone who is a size 10 will have some happy, handsome feet! These are some of my favorites!
You can win these Bourgeois Bohéme $125 shoes in a few simple steps:
- Write a “letter to the editor” of any major fashion magazine you choose: Vogue, GQ, Elle, Cosmo, etc… explaining why leather is disgusting, toxic, unethical and outdated! Here are some facts & tips to help you write! Remember: the goal is to enlighten, not incite! Be respectful, and do not make threats.
- Forward that letter to TheDiscerningbrute@gmail.com. The Subject line must read: JUNE CONTEST: Bourgeois Boheme (otherwise it may get trashed)
- The best, most moving and creative letter wins!
- Deadline is June 30th.
- The winner will be announced July 1st.
* DISCLAIMER: The Discerning Brute takes no responsibility for the content of any letter written in association with this contest.
MAY: Win a Matt & Nat bag!
Holy crap! I am so excited for our May contest. I wish I could enter it myself, but it makes me almost as happy to be able to give something like this away to one of our lucky, loyal readers. If you don’t know Matt & Nat yet, where the heck have you been? Read our interview with the creative genius behind the line, Inder Bedi, and find out why everyone from fashion icons to celebs go ga-ga for his jaw-dropping vegan and eco-friendly accessories.
You can win this $350 bag, Blockhead, in a few simple steps:
- Upload a video of yourself to Youtube explaining why you would never wear the skin of another animal (click HERE for some tips) and what you think of The Discerning Brute and Matt & Nat. HINT! Creativity and humor are held in high-regard here at DB headquarters. Any format is acceptable, from songs to animations to annoying diatribes.
- Send us the link to TheDiscerningbrute@gmail.com. The Subject line must read: MAY CONTEST: Matt & Nat (otherwise it may get trashed). Inder and The Discerning Brute crew will decide the winner, and not only will you will win the bag, your video will be featured on The Discerning Brute, as well as Matt&Nat’s blog!
- Include your name, what you do, and contact info so that we can send the bag your way.
- Deadline is May 30th.
- The winner will be announced on the blog June 1st.
APRIL:Win a Pair of Size 9 NOHARM Lace-Up Ankle Boots
Are you a size 9? The Discerning Brute has teamed up with NOHARM to give away a pair of snazzy vegan ankle boots in US size 9! You can easily win these handsome leather-free shoes worth $300! Wowee! So, why don’t we dig leather here at DB? Find out.
- You must be a US size 9 – otherwise these are worthless to you!
- Take a photo of you holding the shoes you typically wear to work or to get dressed-up, and send it to me at: email@example.com
- The photo of the most beat-up, pathetic, gross, terrible pair of shoes will prove you deserve these!
- Include your name, what you do, and contact info so that if we decide you are the most in need of a new pair of vegan kicks, we can send them to you!
- Deadline is April 30th.
- The winner will be announced on the blog May 1st.
These stylish and ethically responsible ankle-boots are hand-crafted in Italy. NOHARM is strongly opposed to child-labor and worker exploitation. Wear these kicks to a dressy fundraiser or with jeans. Either way, these are some of the finest mens’ vegan footwear out there. Good luck!