by featured contributor, Chef Matteo of 4CV
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- *Leave skins on and wash potatoes thoroughly.
- Place potatoes sea salt thyme and rosemary in large pot. fill with water an inch above the potatoes and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer. Continue cooking for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are just fork tender.
- Drain potatoes, discarding the herbs, and allow to cool until you are able to handle them with your bare hands, 3-5 minutes. at this point you have the option of peeling the potatoes or leaving the skins on.
- Slice the potatoes in quarters and place in a large bowl along with the grated carrot, minced chives, and capers. seat aside.
DRESSING: WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbls agave nectar
- 3 tbls Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, agave, Dijon, and mustard seed until smooth and emulsified. season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Pour dressing over potatoes and gently fold ingredients together.
- Chill at least 20 minutes before serving to allow flavors to combine. enjoy.
Chef Matteo aims to bridge communities through organic, gourmet, vegan fare, in hopes of facilitating increased mindfulness and compassion in and of the living. More on Matteo…