Most people are surprised to find out that you can eat kale, raw. This raw kale salad is hearty, filling, and delicious. It’s packed with super healthy foods that will give you enough protein, vitamins and minerals to make it to the end of the day focused and strong! I’ve been eating it for lunch a couple times a week, and it never disappoints. As always, make sure to use organic ingredients!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED (serves 2):
- 5 leaves (with stems) of uncooked, green kale
- 1 large tomato
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- the juice of 1 fresh lime
- 2 tbs flax meal
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- handful of cilantro
- salt & pepper to taste
- Roll the kale leaves together into a tight scroll, longways. Starting at one end, thinly slice all of it.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the avocado.
- Chop the tomato & onion, add to bowl.
- Dice the cilantro & garlic, add to bowl.
- Add in the Kale and, using a fork, mash it into the other ingredients.
- Pour the vinegar, and squeeze the lime into the bowl. Add the yeast & mix well.
- Top with flax meal (to make, simply put dry flax seeds in a blender)
- Serve and enjoy.