1. If you’ve been procrastinating on getting a sweater this winter, there’s still time! Loomstate’s organic ‘Bering’ crew sweater is totally wool-free! Check out what else they’ve got on the racks for the current season:
2. Support Craftspeople of the Karen Hill Tribe (between Burma & Thailand) by purchasing this gorgeous black scarf.
3. Vegan Gloves are usually ugly or look like you should be in a dirt-bike competition. These simple faux-leather, insulated gloves go with everything and are slick as hell!
4.Chocolate-Chip, Peanut Butter Cookies!
Cold weather is the best time for pastries. Try this super-easy cookie recipe!
What you’ll need:
•3/4 cup margarine (I use Earth Balance)
•2/3 cup nut butter (use peanut, almond, or cashew!)
•3/4 cup sugar
•1/4 cup brown sugar
•3/4 tsp. salt
•2 Tbsp. egg replacer (I use Energie)
•1 Tbsp. vanilla
•2-1/2 cups flour (you can use up to 4 cups of flour — the more flour you use, the denser, chewier the cookie; the amount listed here is for a texture that most people like.)
•1 cup nondairy semi-sweet chocolate chips.
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugars, nut butter, and salt.
2. In a small bowl or mug, beat “egg replacer.” Then add to margarine-sugar mixture. Add vanilla and combine. Slowly, little by little, add flour, stirring constantly to combine. Continue until all flour is well combined (it will get harder to combine the more flour you add).
3. Mix in chocolate chips. Form dough into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Then, as Laura puts it, “flatten them with a fork, wish them well, and put them in the oven.” They’ll be ready in about 10 to 12 minutes, or when golden brown.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.