I whipped these up while rummaging through Zoe’s kitchen. I had to make some bite-sized things for a potluck, and these came out pretty amazingly!
Strawberry Upside-down Mini Cupcakes With Chocolate-Cashew Ganache
What you’ll need (4 dozen):
•1 bar of good organic bittersweet chocolate
•1 tbs organic cashew butter
•1 tsp organic agave naectar
•1 tsp Arrowroot Powder
•1/4 cup almond milk
•2 cups organic, unbleached all-purpose flour
•1 tsp baking powder
•1 tsp baking soda
•1 tbs Apple cider vinegar
•egg replacer for 2 eggs (powder, flax, or applesauce – avoid bananas)
•1 cup almond milk
•pinch of cinnamon
•pinch of salt
•1/4 cup vegetable oil (I prefer coconut oil)
•1/4 cup organic agave nectar
•1 Dozen large organic strawberries
1. combine the flour, soda, powder, cinnamon, and salt.
2. Stir in agave, almond milk, vinegar, egg-replacer.
3. Slice the stawberries into coins, and place at the bottom of oiled mini-cupcake trays (you can also use regular cupcake trays with several coins per cupcake if desired).
4. Put the batter in oiled tins and bake at 350° for about 15-20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, boil a pot a water. Place another pot on top to use the wet heat to combine the Ganache ingredients.
5. Let the cupcakes cool for at least 30 minutes.
6. Flip the cupcakes so the strawberry is on top, and spoon a small dollop of the ganache on top.
7. If desired, garnish with organic powdered-sugar.