October 5, 2009
This incredible, new “Leo” boot from Novacas is a landmark in mens’ vegan shoes. This is what we’ve been waiting for! A simple, classic lace up boot that looks great casually half-laced with a pair of fitted jeans, or laced up completely under slacks. Thanks for setting a new standard, Novacas! Thanks to reader, Adnan for the tip!
Available at Moo Shoes for $159
June 1, 2009
Win a pair of Bourgeois Bohéme brogues! (US size 10)
Bourgeois Boheme makes amazing, vegan shoes and boots for men and women. These Simpatias have been featured on the blog before, and I am sure someone who is a size 10 will have some happy, handsome feet! These are some of my favorites!
You can win these Bourgeois Bohéme $125 shoes in a few simple steps:
- Write a “letter to the editor” of any major fashion magazine you choose: Vogue, GQ, Elle, Cosmo, etc… explaining why leather is disgusting, toxic, unethical and outdated! Here are some facts & tips to help you write! Remember: the goal is to enlighten, not incite! Be respectful, and do not make threats.
- Forward that letter to TheDiscerningbrute@gmail.com. The Subject line must read: JUNE CONTEST: Bourgeois Boheme (otherwise it may get trashed)
- The best, most moving and creative letter wins!
- Deadline is June 31st.
- The winner will be announced July 1st.
* DISCLAIMER: The Discerning Brute takes no responsibility for the content of any letter written in association with this contest.