May 1, 2009
Holy crap! I am so excited for our May contest. I wish I could enter it myself, but it makes me almost as happy to be able to give something like this away to one of our lucky, loyal readers. If you don’t know Matt & Nat yet, where the heck have you been? Read our interview with the creative genius behind the line, Inder Bedi, and find out why everyone from fashion icons to celebs go ga-ga for his jaw-dropping vegan and eco-friendly accessories.
You can win this $350 bag, Blockhead, in a few simple steps:
- Upload a video of yourself to Youtube explaining why you would never wear the skin of another animal, (click HERE for some tips) and what you think of The Discerning Brute and Matt & Nat. HINT! Creativity and humor are held in high-regard here at DB headquarters. Any format is acceptable, from songs to animations to annoying diatribes.
- Send us the link to TheDiscerningbrute@gmail.com. The Subject line must read: MAY CONTEST: Matt & Nat (otherwise it may get trashed). Inder and The Discerning Brute crew will decide the winner, and not only will you will win the bag, your video will be featured on The Discerning Brute, as well as Matt&Nat’s blog!
- Include your name, what you do, and contact info so that we can send the bag your way.
- Deadline is May 30th.
- The winner will be announced on the blog June 1st.
Grey vegan canvas handbag with 100% recycled blue faux suede lining, tone on tone stitching, antique silver hardware, and MATT & NAT logo bar. The Blockhead features 2 main compartments with top zipper closure and 1 external zipper pocket on front. Interior includes zip pocket, cell phone and PDA pockets and 3 pen holders. Comes with detachable, adjustable shoulder strap.
April 3, 2009
Does it get any better than this? Matt & Nat, creators of amazing vegan accesories for men & women, is having a contest! The 10 BEST letters written to the Fur Council of Canada about the idiocy behind their Fur Is Green campaign will win a prize.
The Directions are Simple:
Email your letter to email@example.com (CC: firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell them your thoughts on their ludicrous campaign, the top 10 letters will win a thank you package from MATT & NAT.
Research any claims you make in your letter, don’t make any threats, and be creative and articulate!
May 6, 2008
1. The Mens Store at Matt & Nat offers by far, the best selection of well-made veg and eco mens’ accessories that I have seen to date. My favorite bag is the Kravitz Brazen:
Also check out these handsome, cruelty-free adornments:
2. Vogue attempted to do an article about Mens’ green fashion in their March issue. The article, “Good to be Green” gave friend of DB, John Patrick of Organic, a big shout-out (Yay Patrick!). Bramfod & Sons, Loomstate, and Earnest Sewn are mentioned, and whispers of the green capsule line from Theory are discussed, but clearly they didn’t have me writing the article or it would have been much more thorough…(pats self on back). The deal on Theory is:
“…Theory is excited to announce our first-ever organic collection for Summer 2008. Made from certified organic materials, the capsule collection includes 24 styles–jackets, dresses, knitwear and more. Theory’s organic collection will be available at Theory retail stores Barney’s New York, and Holt Renfrew, and shortly to follow at Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales, and Bergdorf Goodman in May.”